Open your hearts! Open your doors!
Become a Foster Family for Friendship APL
Foster families mean so much to the companion animals of Friendship APL. These homes are often the difference between life and death for hundreds of cats, kittens, dogs, puppies and other at risk pets. A foster home provides a temporary environment free from the illness and stress associated with life in an animal shelter. These homes allow our animals to heal, grow, and prepare for their forever family.
Types of Foster Families:
From bottle feeding kittens to hospice care for senior dogs, we are looking for a variety of homes.
- Newborn kittens and puppies can require much attention and may be best suited to those who are stay at home parents or work from home.
- Sick and injured animals often need alone time to recover from their maladies. These animals may go to any home appropriate to the disposition of the pet.
- Training or behavioral problem animals may require special homes where young kids are not present to allow us to better assess an animal.
WHAT Friendship provides:
- We provide it all—food, litter, crates.
- We provide medication where applicable and access to vet care as needed.
- Our volunteers and staff are ready to answer additional questions that may arise during your foster experience.
- Attend a foster orientation!
- Orientation is the third Sunday of every month at 2:30pm.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org